This topic has become a new awareness for me and I haven't yet had the time to delve deeply into the subject, but from what I understand thus far the Oath Keepers (Guardians of the Republic) initiative is a superb effort that ANY Constitution backing, freedom loving, Second Amendment cherishing person should support!
If (after reading) you also agree, I suggest you send this link to all your friends - especially those in the police force and military. (use this hyperlink)
Right now the Oath Keeper effort looks to be a movement with just a few thousand supporters, but with the help of you and others like you, those numbers can increase significantly.
As the Economic Shit hits the fan in the coming months and years, SOCIAL CHAOS will likely break out and the Gvt will use the "crisis" as justification to significantly tighten their reigns of control - severely restricting and/or revoking your liberties. When (not if) this happens we will certainly need the support of true patriots like these guys/gals!
Las Vegas Review Journal: Oath Keepers pledge to prevent dictatorship in United States
The Oath keepers are a nonpartisan group of current and retired law enforcement and military personnel who vow to fulfill their oaths to the Constitution and pledge to prevent a dictatorship in United States by laying down their arms in response to unlawful orders.
"The whole point of Oath Keepers is to stop a dictatorship from ever happening here," Stewart Rhodes, a former Army paratrooper and Yale-trained lawyer, said in an interview with the Review-Journal. "My focus is on the guys with the guns, because they can't do it without them.
"We say if the American people decide it's time for a revolution, we'll fight with you."
The group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities. By refusing the latter order, the Oath Keepers hope to prevent cities from becoming "giant concentration camps," a scenario the 44-year-old Rhodes says he can envision happening in the coming years.
Oath Keepers is not preaching violence or government overthrow, Rhodes said. On the contrary, it is asking police and the military to lay down their arms in response to unlawful orders.
The group's Web site, www.oathkeepers.org, features videos and testimonials in which supporters compare President Barack Obama's America to Adolf Hitler's Germany. They also liken Obama to England's King George III during the American Revolution."
OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
Certainly appears to be a very noble effort - please share with everyone you know, and help spread the word!