Monday, February 16, 2009

Back in business

My 7yr old Dell laptop finally gave up the ghost today, so I spent the better part President's day purchasing and setting-up/configuring a new one - it's been a long-time decision in the making, as I've been bandaiding my old one for several years now (piece by piece: new screen, hard drive, battery, power supply, software, etc).

Anyway, found a great deal at Frys electronics. New Acer AMD Athlon w/3G RAM, for $379; $409 out the door w/tax. Thus far, I love it - my hope is: it will be just as dependable as my last and serve me as long.

It's good to be back in business :>)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hope you had a backup?

Randy said...

Not on that old laptop... Our Primary home desktop has all the important pictures, files, etc.

It's always a battle trying to blog with that one though, as the wife uses it too... Therefore, a laptop is my primary Blogging tool and it's not used for much else except email - which I did lose many old emails and address book inputs, but no biggie.

Appreciate the concern though.

Randy

Anonymous said...

Good deal, judging from the specs. Buy me one!

I know how you feel. The computer on which I'm writing this comment is seven years old and has been upgraded and repaired a couple of times.

Dave - Erstwhile Urban Wanderer

Shannon Wallace said...

That's a smokin' deal on a laptop!

Anonymous said...

I was at Walmart yesterday and saw a cute little box, hardly bigger than a laptop itself. It was a Acer laptop matching the specs of Randy's, but for only $348. I was tempted to buy one, and might have if I had enough cash on me. (I love Fry's but we don't have them around here.) Anyway, if anyone is intrigued by that computer, as I am, Walmart is another possible source.

Dave - Erstwhile Urban Wanderer